- Interactive Surface Developer Lampix AR/VR Winner of SXSW Accelerator Event goo.gl/MZFtqQ tweeted: 10 minutes ago
- Feeling Lucky? Roll the Dice and See where the New Google Earth Takes you @GoogleEarth #GoogleEarth goo.gl/SV1JEB tweeted: 40 minutes ago
- This HoloLens Prototype Brings Golf to AR goo.gl/JShQUw tweeted: 1 hour ago
- 4 PD trends to expect in new year @DJBlubaugh smartbrief.com/original/2016/… via @SmartBrief tweeted: 2 hours ago
- Scope AR Brings Live, Interactive AR Video Support to Caterpillar Customers goo.gl/WBHkrX tweeted: 3 hours ago
- 4 things I learned designing an AR app for NASA @invisionapp blog.invisionapp.com/ux-design-ar-a… tweeted: 3 hours ago
- Augmented Reality Is Both a Fad and the Future — Here’s Why goo.gl/GV5SHs tweeted: 4 hours ago
- Epson’s augmented reality headset lets you pilot a drone as God intended goo.gl/EiivSD tweeted: 4 hours ago
- RT @EdfromEdTech: Shout out 2 @TeachingSC for helping his Ss participate in #360viewofyou global challenge! Want to participate? Visit http… tweeted: 5 hours ago
- Augmented reality children's books bring bedtime stories to life in 3D goo.gl/XFwgU8 tweeted: 5 hours ago
Instructional Design & Development #edtech #GAFE
Classroom 2.0 #pd #teaching #learning
November 6, 2011Posted by on
We finished our 6 hour “Classroom 2.0: Teaching in a Digital World” workshop. What a success! Our presenter team approached the event using the “Apple Store Model”: meaning we wanted a judgement-safe, productive atmosphere for our colleagues to explore new interactive approaches to teaching in a 2.0 world. We opened by developing the concept of the needed educational paradigm shift where the static (1.0) state in education was rapidly moving toward a dynamic (2.0) world of collaborative & exploratory learning. The YouTube video from The Ghetto Film School served as a cool, fast-paced narrative on the need to foster creatively in today’s digital citizens, tomorrow’s leaders.
But as a PD team we recognized that our own comfort in dynamic teaching started without experience in dynamic learning. We felt if our colleagues could experience the paradigm shift as leaners, then perhaps they could adopt the shift as instructors/facilitators.